Article 1: Personal information
Personal information has the same definition as defined in the Act on the Protection of Personal Information. It refers to information about a living individual that can identify a specific individual by name, date of birth, address, telephone number, contact information, or other description contained in the information, as well as information that can identify a specific individual on its own, such as appearance, fingerprints, voice print data, and health insurance card insurer number (Personally Identifiable Information).
Article 2: Purpose of Acquisition and Use of Personal Information
- Recursive appropriately acquires Personal Information only to the extent necessary to achieve the purpose of use.
- Recursive uses the Personal Information it collects and retains, only to the extent necessary for the following purposes, and does not use it for any other purposes, except with the prior consent of the Client concerned or as otherwise required by law.
- To respond to inquiries from a Client regarding our solutions (including carrying out identity confirmation)
- To carry out various tasks associated with business development projects and make necessary contacts for these tasks
- To provide a Client with information regarding the solutions offered by Recursive
- To provide AI services, consulting services, and other products and services handled by Recursive or its affiliates
- To conduct direct mailings, provide information on products and services, and carry out surveys that are handled by Recursive or its affiliates
- To evaluate sales and undertake additional surveys and research, and to design new products and services for Recursive or its affiliated companies
- To ensure that Recursive or its affiliates carry out appropriate and smooth performance of transactions with a Client
- To contact a Client for maintenance-related and other important notifications as needed
- To conduct recruitment and onboarding activities of Recursive
- To carry out the initial procedures for labor, personnel management, taxation, and social insurance for employees hired by Recursive
- To serve any other incidental purposes related to the above
Article 3: Change of Purpose of Use
- Recursive shall modify the purpose of use only if it is deemed reasonably necessary and relevant to the previous purpose of use.
- In the event of any change in the purpose of use, Recursive shall notify the Client through prescribed methods prescribed or by making a public announcement on this website, outlining the revised purpose of use.
Article 4: Retention and Administration of Personal Information
Recursive is dedicated to maintaining Personal Information in its possession as accurately and up-to-date as possible, and takes necessary steps to secure Personal Information and prevent any loss, damage, or unauthorized access to it.
(Organizational Security Control Measures) To enhance organizational security control measures, Recursive has designated a person responsible for handling Personal Information and established a reporting system in case of any violations of laws, regulations, or internal policies. Recursive also conducts regular self-inspections to monitor the handling of Personal Information.
(Personnel Security Control Measures) Recursive has incorporated confidentiality provisions regarding Personal Information in its rules of employment.
(Physical Security Control Measures) Recursive has implemented physical security control measures to prevent theft or loss of equipment and electronic media that contain Personal Information and ensures that Personal Information is not easily accessible when such equipment is being transported.
(Technical Security Control Measures) Recursive has implemented mechanisms to protect its information systems that handle Personal Information from unauthorized external access or malicious software.
(Country where the Personal Information is Retained) Japan
Google Cloud Locations https://cloud.google.com/about/locations
Article 5: Provision of Personal Information to Third Parties
- Recursive does not share Client’s Personal Information with third parties without their prior consent, except in specific circumstances and as allowed by the Act on Protecting Personal Information and other relevant laws and regulations.
- When it is necessary to protect the life, health, or property of an individual and obtaining consent is not feasible.
- When it is essential for promoting public health or the healthy development of children and obtaining consent is not feasible.
- When cooperation with a national agency, local government, or an entity authorized by either is required for legal purposes, obtaining consent may interfere with the execution of such duties.
- In cases where Personal Information is disclosed to third parties, Recursive provides advance notice or announcement, including:
- The purpose of use, which includes disclosure to third parties.
- The data items to be disclosed to third parties.
- The means or methods of disclosure to third parties.
- The option for Client to request cessation of disclosure to third parties.
- The method of accepting the Client’s request.
Article 6: Disclosure of Personal Information
- When a Client requests access to their Personal Information, Recursive will promptly fulfill the request. However, in certain circumstances, Recursive may choose not to disclose all or part of the Personal Information, and in such cases, Recursive will inform the Client without delay. These circumstances include:
- There is a risk of harm to the life, body, property, or other rights or interests of the Client or a third party.
- There is a risk of significant interference with the proper conduct of Recursive's business.
- The disclosure of Personal Information would violate other laws or regulations.
- Notwithstanding the provisions of the preceding paragraph, as a general rule, Recursive does not disclose non-personal information such as historical information and characteristic information.
Article 7: Correction and Deletion of Personal Information
- If the Personal Information retained by Recursive is incorrect, Client may request Recursive to correct, add, or delete their Personal Information ("Correction") in accordance with the procedures Recursive has established.
- If Recursive deems it necessary to respond to a Client's request as described in the preceding paragraph, Recursive will make Corrections to the relevant Personal Information without delay.
- In the event that Recursive makes Corrections based on the preceding paragraph, or decides not to make such Corrections, Recursive shall notify the Client of such decision without delay.
Article 8: Suspension of Use of Personal Information
- In the event of a request for suspension of use or deletion of Personal Information ("Suspension of Use") on the grounds that such information is handled beyond the scope of the purpose of use or that such information was obtained by wrongful means, Recursive will conduct the necessary investigation without delay.
- If Recursive determines that it is necessary to comply with the request based on the results of the investigation described in the preceding paragraph, use of the relevant Personal Information will be ceased without delay.
- In the event that Recursive suspends the use of Personal Information in accordance with the preceding paragraph, or decides not to suspend the use of Personal Information, Recursive will notify the Client of this decision without delay.
- Notwithstanding the preceding two paragraphs, Recursive shall take alternative measures in cases where it is difficult to carry out Suspension of Use of Personal Information due to the large amount of costs involved in such suspension or to take any other alternative measures necessary to protect the rights and interests of the Client.
Article 10: Company Details
Recursive, Inc. Shibuya S-6 Building 6F, 1-7-1 Shibuya, Shibuya-ku, Tokyo 150-0002, Japan Tiago Miguel Sargento Pires Ramalho, Representative Director
Article 11: Contact
Business Administration Department Email:email@example.com